We often get asked if chiropractic treatment is safe for children. Yes, children can benefit from chiropractic care. At Progressive Health and Rehab Corp, our Chiropractors are able to help people of all ages. Many children these days are involved in sports, and often experience injuries of some sort. Whether an injury is made while doing a sport, or through active, daily activities, kids often suffer from back and neck pain, stiffness, soreness or discomfort. Chiropractic care is always adapted to the individual patient. It is a highly skilled treatment, and in the case of children, very gentle.
What about for infants?
Research verifies that it is beneficial and safe for an infant to get chiropractic care and treatment. An adjustment made by a chiropractor on an infant uses the same amount of force and pressure as you would use testing a ripe tomato in a supermarket. For over 100 years, children have seen chiropractors as a way to help injuries and better prepare their bodies for their active lives. Our Chiropractors here at Progressive Health and Rehab Corp. are highly trained and skilled, making them fully capable of treating children and infants. Our warm care and touch will make your child or infant feel completely comfortable, every session.
10 reasons children should see a chiropractor:
- To better neural plasticity (brain and nerve development).
- To support child’s overall health and wellbeing.
- To strengthen child’s immunity and potentially reduce the incidence of colds, earaches and illness in general.
- To help with colic and Irritable Baby Syndrome.
- To help with asthma, breathing difficulties or allergies.
- To better child’s spinal posture.
- To help improve child’s concentration.
- To assist with behavioural disorders.
- To help digestive problems.
- To assist with bed-wetting and sleep issues
Schedule an appointment with Progressive Health and Rehab Corp. today!